Meet Our Speech and Presentation Guruu: Anne Abba
By Simon 5 years ago
If you are starting out in your career, then sounding professional and confident is an essential skill. Anne Abba is a speech and presentation consultant and trainer who has worked with a wide variety of professionals at all stages in their careers. Every one of them has seen an immediate improvement in the voice, found a more powerful way to present themselves and learnt a variety of techniques to overcome the fear of speaking.
Anne has the expertise to help you achieve this. She helps young professionals make the transition from nervous beginner to inspirational raconteur, and provides support to people dealing with the sometimes overwhelming prospect of starting out in the professional world. Recent successes include overseas’ professionals and international students who have recognised the importance of speaking English more clearly.
Anne offers a professional, empowering and practical approach to improve communication skills and to be a successful speaker. She offers a wide range of programmes and services - from individual coaching, to workshops, seminars and keynote speeches. A qualified teacher (with LAMDA Public Speaking qualifications), former Head of Drama and workshop leader for over 25 years, Anne now empowers business people to be great communicators as both public speakers and in everyday business situations. Overcome your fear of public speaking and learn the tools and techniques to build up your confidence and speak with clarity and impact.
These are just are just a few of the issues that Anne is pleased to assist with on the Guruumee app:
- How can I get over my fear of public speaking?
- How can I make my voice more interesting?
- What do I do with my hands?
- Where do I start with my presentation?
- How can I improve at interviews?
- My accent is holding me back – how can I speak more clearly?
- I’m being overlooked at work. How can I make an impact?
- Why is body language so important?
- I want more success at work – how can I stand out from the crowd?
- How much time should I spend on preparing and practicing a presentation?
- How can I stop saying umm and err?
- Is it possible to speak more slowly?
Anne is pleased to be a guruu as she enjoys helping people become better communicators and more confident people. I’m also pleased to be able to support a local charity. A portion of her fees will support Home Start Nottingham.